Project Prom Angel
In 2011, Project Prom Angel was launched via PrincessDominique.com. Project Prom Angel is an annual event that was created by Linda Dominique Grosvenor and Princess Dominique, Inc. as a way of utilizing the influence she’s acquired via her popular website and brand to parlay her love of shoes and fashion into helping those less fortunate.
The goal for Project Prom Angel is simple: To allow as many girls from inner-city and/or low income families who many not have the opportunity to attend their prom to do it in style.
Project Prom Angel endeavors to create a memorable experience for teens girls who are making the transition from high school and teen years to college and womanhood. Grosvenor says, “When presented with this idea I knew it was something I desperately wanted to do. I didn’t attend my own prom for a variety of reasons. The percentage of students that go to their Senior Prom is around 90%. Prom night is one of the most anticipated nights ever. What we want to do through our Project Prom Angel effort is help the other 10% so that prom night is just as memorable for them.”
Project Prom Angel aspires to reach one thousand girls annually and is currently seeking shoe brands and manufacturer as well as dress designers and established as well as indie accessory designers to assist with the cause. At Project Prom Angel we don’t believe that homelessness or poverty should keep any girl from attending their prom. If you cannot assist us in donations, please help us spread the word via the social networks.
Guidelines: All nominations for girls to Project Prom Angel must come directly from their guardian, school guidance counselor, Pastor or mentor. Email us using the “contact us” link on PrincessDominique.com. All girls must attend the prom salon where they will meet with Princess Dominique, stylists and share their excitement about the possibility of attending their prom. Some photos and/or footage may appear on the PrincessDominique.com website.
Contact us to make a shoe, dress or accessory donation.
In 2012 Project Prom Angel wants to Send 25 Girls to Prom!
2012 Sponsors Include the following brands:
If you are a shoe, apparel or accessories company or individual who would like to make apparel donations, acquire our mailing address for shipping or ask a question please contact us.