by Linda “Princess Dominique” Grosvenor
False eyelashes are wonderful enhancers and many people use them, but may not know how to remove them properly. Remember the glue that is used to apply false eyelashes dissolves when mixed with cream, baby oil, olive oil or general make-up removers. Massage anything mentioned above on the eyelashes and follow the instructions below. You can use your fingers to carefully remove the the false eyelashes or a pair of good tweezers. Always remove them from the inner eye (near your nose) and pull towards the outer edge towards your ear GENTLY! Remember, when in doubt, or if you’re unsure if you’re doing it properly, resort to a professional to lessen any damage to your own natural lashes and hair follicles. Damaged follicles can lessens eyelash growth.
What You Will Need:
- eyelash remover (or cream, baby oil, olive oil)
- cotton ball
- tweezers (optional)
1. Refrain from trying to pull off the false eyelashes by yanking or tugging repeatedly. This will only cause pain and result in the removal of your own lashes as well. More than likely you will end up with a half removed set of eyelashes and end up missing a few of your own natural lashes as well.
2. Dab the area where the eyelashes attach with a small amount of eyelash remover on a cotton ball. This will help loosen the glue and make it soft enough to allow the false eyelash to pull away from your natural lashes.
3. Be patient. You will need to allow the remover time to work it’s magic, by softening the glue. Pull before this has been accomplished and get ready to say “ouch.”
4. Grip one of the ends of the false eyelashes with your fingers or tweezers and pull. Make sure the glue is softened first. If they do not come off easily, stop. Add some more remover and wait again.
5. Remove all of the remaining glue from your eyelids with the remover. The tweezers may also aid you in accomplishing this as well. After you have removed the false eyelashes rinse your face with cool water to soothe your skin.
Don’t Miss: How to Apply False Eyelashes Safely
Linda Dominique Grosvenor is a true shoe connoisseur and a Fashion Insider for Hautelook’s new member only shoe-of-the-month website SoleSociety.com. She has appeared on The Today Show to dish about “Why Women Love Shoes” and believes all women who love shoes have a little exhibitionist in them. She is also the brainchild behind The Weekly Shoe Giveaway™ and spearheaded Project Prom Angel in which she partners with generous sponsors to assist lower income teen girls with acquiring shoes, dresses and accessories to attend their prom. The legal guardian over a massive shoe collection, she invites you to visit her website and take a peek at PrincessDominique.com.